Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"She's tiny and confused... But so wonderful." - by Christy

I dropped Rob off at airport this morning at 4:30. I got a couple of text that they had landed in Miami and then that they were about to fly out. By 1:00 I had gotten a text that they had arrived in Port Au Prince and they were headed up the mountain. The text that will live forever in my heart came at 3:46 it said "She's tiny and confused." That text was immediately followed by "But so wonderful." Tears just started rolling down my cheeks.

Rob called about 6:15 tonight. He said she already rummaged through his food bag. He said she knew she was now a part of the elite group because she was invited upstairs for the first time. When he called, she got the phone and kept saying "Bonjour" and "Alo". She sounded so happy. I would guess this was the first time she had ever talked on a telephone.

I am so happy Rob is there with her. I can't wait to hear from him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment